Papertracks

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter



As we shelter at home on this Easter holiday, there will be no family dinner, no Easter egg hunt, no church service, no new Easter outfit and especially no gathering of friends and family. 

In this time of electronic communication, I still get to hear little Ethan yell “love you Grammy” on our FaceTime calls, my sister and I still have cyber coffee and lunch together, we get calls and texts from our family on a daily basis with the added admonition “wash your hands”!

So, no family dinner means no dishes, no Easter egg hunt means no chocolate to resist, no church service still means God knows what’s in our heart, no new Easter outfit means money saved,  no physical gathering of friends and family means no one will drink too much, eat too much or get their feelings hurt. 

We will have this day to truly ponder the fact:
  • John 11:25-26: "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?'"




3 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

I will try again!! Happy Horizontal Easter!! I loved your blog post and yes I believe and Yes now we are sisters in Christ and I am glad that you are blogging.
My "internet" name is Bevie Pearl in case you were wondering. Did you decorate those eggs?

Unknown said...

This is awesome!!! Happy Happy Easter ❤🙏 Christ is Risen. We love you guys so much❤❤❤

Papertracks said...

No, I found the pic on the internet!