Papertracks

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Anniversary

Laton and I were married the day before my paternal grandparent’s anniversary. They married on Easter Sunday, during the depression. The year we were married was the first time their anniversary fell on Easter Sunday again. It was a special day. I spent my last night as a single woman with my grandparents. Mostly because my bedroom had been passed down to my little sister when I left for college, and the parents bought a dishwasher the week I left for college, but that is another story. 

I remember my marital advice from Nana! “Never let the sun go down on your anger!” And “Never say no to your husband regarding sex”, then she adds the information, “After all, Grandpa and I still DO IT!” EWWWW-LA LA LA LA! Nana shared the details of her wedding outfit. It was pants, peach colored with a salmon cummerbund. So avant- guard for the times.  

When were married, gas lines had just started, I remember thinking what are we doing, how will survive, adulting is soooooo hard! Then I think about Nana during the depression and a World War, raising kids, having dreams,  and now I think of my children, raising kids, dealing with a pandemic, and having dreams. A cycle of life! 

Happy Anniversary Nana & Gramps. I’m glad you are together in heaven. 









No comments: