Papertracks

Monday, August 8, 2011

Towing 101

Mt. Shasta in August
We left the family reunion today and began our trek to Florida.  Our first stop was to visit our nephew, Alan, and his wife, Kirsty.  I had my first towing experience as I towed our utility trailer with our new (to us) jeep.  Everyone said just go and it will follow, but there are things like turning wider, allowing more stopping room, shifting down to 2nd on the hill so you don't use your brakes so much, and remembering to take the parking brake off. (yes, I know, ouch!)

Alan and Kirsty have graciously offered to store it for us this winter (along with our ATV).  I think Alan has a few plans to take the ATV out and keep the battery charged. LOL  The drive down I-5 was lovely.  This is a great view of Mt. Shasta.

No comments: