Papertracks

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mom, she touched me!

Maggie

Finally we are making some legs on our trip.  We made it to Santa Rosa, NM.

Maggie










Traveling with our dogs is like traveling with children.  They actually fight over the back seat.  The old basset is pretty set in her ways and the two and half year old chocolate lab bows down to her.  The basset likes to lay in the middle of the back seat and stretch out.  This forces Maggie into one corner or the other.  Maggie will sit stiffly, not daring to step over Sadie and quietly whine.  If I try to move Sadie, she will stand up, step over a couple of inches, then flop back down pushing her self back at least 3 more inches.  I had some children that would do that. Now, I let Maggie into the front seat, which really upsets Sadie, and now she wants in the front seat. I will finally put both of them in the back seat and the whole scenario of flopping in the middle and sitting in the corner and whining begins anew with these two. Eventually, they settle down and sleep butt to butt in the back seat just like siblings.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love your story of traveling with your dogs. Sounds like us!! Ours is solved with Mindy sitting/laying/sleeping on my lap (on a pillow so she's high enough to see out) and Goldie having the whole back seat!!!

Papertracks said...

I so relate. The lab is no problem in the front seat but the basset likes to sit in the middle with one paw on my leg which eventually leaves a bruise. She is a heavy footed little creature.