Papertracks

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Times

Yesterday, our dear friends Rich and Doris drove down from Olympia to visit us and stayed until Saturday evening.  They were our former neighbors when we all lived in Albany, OR back in 1975.  We have always kept in touch and visited when we could.

Today, our dear friends, June and Kara drove down from Salem, OR to spend the day with us.  They worked with me at QWest Communications in Phoenix, AZ for years.

At almost the same time, some long time friends from the Portland area showed up, Margie and Al. We had a wonderful time visiting, getting up to date on each others lives and sharing a wonderful dinner. 

They all left around dark.  (It was going to be a long drive for most of them!)

Myrick, Jackson, David and Caleb
We then retired to the campfire for a s'more bar.  There were plates of cut up candy bars, chocolate frosting, graham crackers and marshmallows.  There was a grown-up twist; vanilla icing with Irish Cream Liquor and triple chocolate icing with Kahlua.  We had to monitor the frosting to be sure we did not give it to anyone under 21 in error. LOL


1 comment:

TeamRedwood said...

I remember playing with all my cousins at the reunion every year. I could never remember all their names, but we all had a great time and I looked forward to my cousin friends every year. It warms my heart to see my grandchildren having fun with the doing the same things I did at the reunion. Playing, running, swimming, s'mores, etc...the coolest part was not worrying about who's campsite you were in and getting fed at each one. Each mom had something different to do or to eat. Like ours NEVER had sweet pickles. I didn't even know what they were until I got one at a reunion. I may have grown up without ever being exposed to such gourmet food stuffs!