Papertracks

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mark Twain - Samuel Clemens

We had a wonderful breakfast at the Colony Inn in the Amana Colonies. All you can eat pancakes, fried potatoes, sausage, bacon, eggs, fruit, toast, juice and coffee. Oh, and wonderful strawberry preserves. We had to literally and figuritively roll out on the road after that meal. We have meandered down to Missouri today, through Hannibal, MO and ended up at the Mark Twain State Park on Mark Twain Lake.  It is very pretty, but has lots of insects flying around.  According to the camp host, no rattlesnakes but we do need to be careful of copperheads if we climb around on any rocks. WE won't be doing any climbing. lol We will be heading off to Illinois tomorrow.  We will be crossing the Mississippi again.  Love that river.  I think what I like best is saying in my head - M I crooked letter crooked letter I crooked letter crooked letter I humpback letter humpback letter I - I am giggling as I type this. We stopped early and took naps and had a leisurely late dinner, BBQ pork chops, YUM! Having a leisurely glass of rhubarb wine from South Dakota and then off to bed.  Obviously, the last couple of days have been all about the food.

No comments: