Papertracks

Monday, January 11, 2021

Goodbye Facebook

I am leaving Facebook. I have loved it for keeping track of friends and family, communicating with like minded people and many not so like minded people. 

The divide that is occurring has created a frustrating situation where some people have used verbiage that borders on abuse and an atmosphere of “you are wrong and we can’t be friends unless you agree with me”. I find that unacceptable and I could scroll and block and unfriend, (Yes, I know how to use the snooze button!) but I am choosing to leave a platform that practices unequal censorship. I will let Facebook allow Iran, Venezuela and Turkey maintain their Facebook presence but I will not be part of their base. 

Follow me here and I will continue to post our adventures, travels and thoughts here instead. 




Just to show you I have not lost my sense of humor! YET!

No comments: