Papertracks

Monday, September 6, 2010

Gymkhana

Carolyn and Candy barrel racing

I spent the weekend with my sister, Carolyn Dikes, at a Gymkhana in Fortuna, CA.  It was really fun.  She had me bring a lawn chair because there is a lot of down time between events.  It was really cold Saturday evening so I was cuddled up to her horse while they waited to compete.  Candy is so awesome.  She was nice and warm and smelled so sweet, like hay.  I have not been around many horses because they are not exactly on my bucket list...so it was very fun and very different.  I am posting a picture of her and Candy as they competed in the barrel race event.  Don't they look like they are having fun! I had a gift certificate for a wonderful B&B called Carter House so we stayed there Saturday night.  The breakfast was wonderful.  We really enjoyed our stay.

1 comment:

TeamRedwood said...

Don't let her fool ya, she couldn't keep her nose off my horse! For someone who doesn't like horses...if was if she was an addict and couldn't get enough~lol